If you need any help navigating the world of chronic pain, come work with me!
1. Adriaan Louw – Therapeutic Neuroscience Education – 2022
2. Vlaeyen, J. W. S. and S. J. Linton (2000). “Fear-avoidance and its consequences in chronic musculoskeletal pain: a state of the art.” Pain 85: 317-322.
3. Moseley, L. (2002). “Combined physiotherapy and education is efficacious for chronic low back pain.” Aust J Physiother 48(4):297-302
4. Sloan, T. J. and D. A. Walsh (2010). “Explanatory and diagnostic labels and perceived prognosis in chronic low back pain.” Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35(21): E1120-1125.
5. Kjaer, P., C. Leboeuf-Yde, et al. (2005). “Magnetic resonance imaging and low back pain in adults: a diagnostic imaging study of 40-year-old men and women.” Spine 30(10): 1173- 1180
6. Milgrom, C., M. Schaffler, et al. (1995).“Rotator-cuff changes in asymptomatic adults. The effect of age, hand dominance and gender.” The Journal of bone and joint surgery. British volume 77(2):296-298
7. Reilly, P., I. Macleod, et al. (2006). “Dead men and radiologists don’t lie: a review of cadaveric and radiological studies of rotator cuff tear prevalence.” Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 88(2): 116-121
About the Author
Dr. Dan Alcorn is a physical therapist with MovementX in Northern Virginia. He is a Board-Certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and is also fellowship-trained in the care for upper extremity athletes. Dan Alcorn treats patients at Patriot CrossFit in Arlington, VA, and has a strong passion for improving people’s confidence through healthier movement, lifestyle choices, and longevity.
📞 202 • 681 • 1474
Leave a Reply