At MovementX we channel all of our efforts into bettering the lives of the people around us: our patients, our providers, our partners, our employees, and you! From the very first touchpoint with MovementX, our customers should feel the same excitement about the company as we feel waking up every morning. We are looking for part-time, remote, Medical Billing Manager who can help empower our customers to have an 11-star experience with us.
MovementX Mission: To help people move their best so they can live their best
MovementX Vision: A world healed by movement
Core Values: Kaizen – Empathy – Community – Passion x Purpose
Culture Deck: The MX Way
- Revenue Cycle Management:
- Performs overall revenue management from insurance claims including satisfying timely filing requirements and maximizing billing revenue and collections, and resolution of denied/rejected claims
- Claims submission via Ability All-Payer.
- Performs regular audits of daily billing reports to identify coding and billing errors.
- Monitors monthly aging reports and conducts follow-up on unpaid claims and takes appropriate action to correct and re-bill for reimbursement.
- Analyze billing reports to identify trends and flag underpayments
- Billing Compliance
- Provides technical expertise to ensure accurate billing including billing for new services and staying informed of regulatory, compliance, and best practices
- Provider Support
- Coordinates directly with providers to resolve billing questions. Must demonstrate excellence in timely and clear communication.
- Provides training as required to on-site staff regarding: billing and other revenue cycle related tasks, standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Patient Support
- Coordinate directly with patients to resolve billing questions (in conjunction with MovementX’s Customer Support Team).
- Assist Customer Support team with prior-authorization and insurance verification when needed.
- Systems Improvement
- With other members of the management team, develop continuous process and priorities for quality improvement to improve revenue cycle outcomes.
- Aid in enrollment in EFT / ERA as well as provider credentialing when required.
- Identifies, researches and resolves system issues through direct contact with payors and software vendors.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
- Metrics and Reporting
- Provides monthly updates of revenue cycle status including reports, metrics, and presentations. Works with CFO and COO closely.
***See additional detail in A Day in the Life of an MX Medical Billing Manager graphic below!
- A minimum of five years of medical insurance billing experience; strong preference for experience in the physical rehabilitation industry (OT, PT, SLP, Chiro).
- MovementX primarily engages in Out of Network Billing, while experience with OON is not required, please mention if you have experience in your application.
- Experience working with all types of third party payers. (HMO, PPO, Medicare, MVA, Worker’s Compensation etc.).
- Proficiency in use of billing software applications and project management softwares such as Asana and Slack.
- Willingness to work and innovate within a young and quickly growing company.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills (we can’t stress this enough, we need you to be a communication champion!)
- Part-Time, Hourly Employee Role (10-20 hours / wk) with the opportunity for the role to grow over time.
- Full Remote position, with regular team touch points and occasional in-person gatherings.
- Flexible working hours
- $500 work from home stipend
- An incredible, fun, growing team with a fantastic people-centric company culture!
Applications open November 15th-December 2nd